1) After having added a package on CDN.net, you can manage and add your resources by clicking on the "Manage" button.
2) Next you will want to select the package you wish to use for your resources. If you've only added one package, you'll still need to choose which one to use. In the screenshot below, the package is labeled "1 TB" and the label will be default be the type of package you have purchased.
3) Click the "Add Resource" button.
4) Enter your domain details
Origin hostname is the url of where your web content is currently hosted at. CDN hostname is the url which the web content will be delivered through cdn.net CDN. Here you can also choose your edge group, which controls which edge servers your resource will use.
5) Copy the CNAME record
Once you created the CDN resource successfully, it will prompt you to a instruction page which states the CNAME which you'll need to setup for the CDN hostname. Copy the CNAME record, in format [number].r.worldcdn.net
6) Log into your hosting provider's Control Panel or domain registrar
When you have a website, it is hosted on a web server which you rent or buy from a hosting company. You pay for storage, bandwidth and CPU. You may have a dedicated server, a virtual private server, cloud server or a shared hosting plan. From your hosting provider’s control panel, you can manage your domain and hosting resources through a control panel. The examples below are just some of hundreds!
... Even your weird little hosting company in the middle of nowhere.
You now have to edit the DNS record in your hosting control panel and change the CNAME entry for cdn.domain.com
7) Add the CNAME record
8) CNAME Propagation
Please allow 20-30 minutes for cache to populate and up to 24 hours for your DNS records to propagate (this depends on your hosting provider network). We recommend using Pingdom (tools.pingdom.com) to test your page speed. You can verify your CNAME record status:
You can check CNAME status by using the Linux command - " dig +trace www.domain.com"
You should see something similar to the example below:
cdn.domain.com. 300 IN CNAME [ID].r.worldcdn.net
Once the CNAME is propagated, "cdn.domain.com" would show the same content page as "domain.com"
9) Integrate CDN hostname to your website
There are many ways in integrating the cdn hostname to your website so that the web content is deliver through cdn.domain.com instead of domain.com.
- Edit the html file. You may change all the links of your website static content to use the cdn hostname. For example, abc.jpg used to have a url link of "domain.com/abc.jpg", you then change the url in the html to "cdn.domain.com/abc.jpg"
- Use CMS integration/plugin. Refer to here